The Return of Trust? Institutions and the Public after a Crisis
5. október, kl. 15.00-17.00: Aðalbygging Háskóla Íslands, stofa 051
The proposed seminar does address the broad theme of how Icelandic institutions have gone about trying to recapture other institutions’ and the public’s trust after the 2008 financial crisis. The aim is to explore how far trust has been restored. The general conclusion is We are working toward trust, but it takes a long time to get there. The lessons are We, society, need to find a way to monitor the actions of those in government and finance to prevent sudden upheavals.
- Gylfi Zoega (Háskóli Íslands): Restoring confidence in the aftermath of Iceland’s financial crisis. (Á íslensku)
- Stefan Wendt (Haskólinn í Reykjavík) and Andreas Oehler (Bamberg University) Trust and Financial Services: The Impact of Increasing Digitalization and the Financial Crisis.
- Auður Arna Arnardóttir (Háskólinn í Reykjavík) and Þröstur Ólafur Sigurjónsson (Háskólinn í Reykjavík og Copenhagen Business School): Restoring trust through improved corporate governance and adherence to gender quotas. (Á íslensku)
- Sigurbjörg Sigurgeirsdóttir (Háskóli Íslands) and Guðrún Johnsen (Háskóli Íslands): Public trust in institutions in pre- and post-crisis Iceland: Institutionalised Mistrust (Á íslensku)
Málstofustjórar: Gylfi Zoega og Þröstur Ólafur Sigurjónsson